Boost Your Self-Esteem with a Moxie Glam Boudoir Photoshoot!
Let’s be real, we all have some insecurities we are critical about with our bodies and the idea of stripping down into lingerie in front of a near-stranger can be daunting. Below are a few tips on how to boost your self-esteem.
Self-esteem is your opinion of yourself and if you have low self-esteem it can make you unhappy and even affect your health negatively. There are many factors that can cause low self-esteem; genetics, childhood, life circumstances, and your mental state like constant negative thinking.
Signs of struggling with low self-esteem:
- Seeing criticism as reinforcing flaws and confirming incapability.
- Lashing out or becoming aggressive towards others if you feel that you are being criticized.
- Declining invites to meet-ups with friends, canceling plans last-minute, and generally not wanting to be around others.
- Consistently worrying about your own personal issues, you may struggle to help or empathize with someone else’s problems.
- Depression, anxiety, body dysmorphia, self-harming, and bad habits like tobacco, alcohol, or drug use.
- Doubting abilities or worth and avoiding challenges or finding it hard to cope with a challenging life event.
- Extremely critical of themselves and judges themselves to be inferior to their peers.
- Downplays or ignores their positive qualities and uses negative words to describe themselves.
- Has negative self-talk that’s always critical, self-blaming, and doesn’t believe a person who compliments them.
- Blames themselves when things go wrong when it’s actually due to something they have no control over
- A perfectionist, pushing themselves to become an over-achiever to make up for what they see as their inferiority.
- Constant relationship problems due to tolerating unreasonable behavior from partners because they believe they must earn love and friendship, or they feel angry and bully other people.
Steps to boost your self-esteem:
- Identify the triggering confidence-killing situations – Take a moment to think about situations in your life that deflate your self-esteem.
- Become aware of your thoughts – In those situations where your self-esteem is deflated, evaluate your thoughts during these events.
- Challenge your thoughts – Become aware of your thoughts that are negative, inaccurate, or inconsistent with facts or logic. It takes time to realize any negative preconceived thoughts.
- Adjust your mindset – Analyze your thoughts and emotions. You have the power to change your negative thought pattern. Forgive yourself then replace those negative thoughts.
- Think positively – Treat yourself as you would treat your best friend, be supportive, kind, and understanding. Tell yourself a positive message every day. Every time you criticize yourself, stop and look for objective evidence that the criticism is true and you’ll realize that most of your negative self-talk is unfounded.
- Accept the positive – Don’t brush off compliments, dismiss your achievements, or ignore your positive traits.
- Appreciate your special qualities – remind yourself of your good attributes every day. Write a list and refer to it often.
- Don’t compare yourself to others – everyone is different and every life has value in its own right. Accept yourself, warts and all.
- Let go of the past & don’t worry about the future – Worrying is fretting about the future, accept that you can’t see or control the future, concentrate on living in the here-and-now.
- Be assertive – communicate your needs, wants, feelings, beliefs, and opinions to others directly and honestly.
- Exercise – Even if it’s a simple walk around the neighborhood, fitness gives a positive boost to the brain and will help you to feel good.
- Practice the above suggestions every day – Give yourself time to establish new habits and boost your self-esteem.
Boudoir photography elevates your body image, which is integral to confidence and in turn, boosts your self-esteem.
Experiencing a boudoir photoshoot shoot will open you up to a journey of self-acceptance and feeling confident in your own skin is the greatest gift you can give yourself.
You don’t need a special occasion to book a boudoir photo shoot, it’s an occasion in itself! It’s fun girl time while being pampered and the results are stunning images of you looking like your best self.
Most women book photoshoots as a present for their partners – either as a gift for their soldier overseas, wedding, birthday, anniversary, Valentine’s Day, pregnancy, or weight loss. Our all-time favorite reason is women doing it for themselves!
The photos are taken on your terms, you have total control over how your image is portrayed, empowering you to embrace your beauty.
It doesn’t matter what age, shape, or size you are – there are poses that hide the bits you don’t want to see while accentuating your best assets.
Our job isn’t just to create beautiful images, it’s to boost your confidence and improve your self-image.
Oh wow. Just wow. I can’t help but recommended Moxie Glam to every single woman on this planet. NOT an understatement. My experience was such a confidence builder, and I cannot imagine having done it with anyone else. My makeup was on point and she made my hair into a GORGEOUS tousled morning-after look with plenty of volume and sexiness. Loved it! The photographer was AMAZING. I spent the majority of my time with her and was SO impressed by her professionalism, creativity, and fun personality. She made what could have been awkward and embarrassing into a glamorously exciting, empowering experience. I thought about it for days after, and the feeling of confidence stuck with me up till now (a week after). I want to thank all of the ladies at Moxie Glam Studios. What a great contribution to give to the world. Empowering others with confidence in themselves and their bodies.
Moxie Glam Boudoir Photography Studio
Happily shooting the lovely ladies of Southern California!
Located at 22300 Loch Lomond Drive in Canyon Lake, California. Only 40-minutes from Orange County, 20 minutes from Corona, and 15 minutes north of Temecula.